Wanda Parker, Founder/Director of Program Development
“Wanda, you are asking too much of people. This is impossible!”
For the past 14 years I’ve heard those words over and over – from New York to Los Angeles. Yet, research shows us what it takes to make a difference in the lives of families who are dealing with generations of brokenness.
To see transformation happen in the lives of these broken families it takes adults willing to walk through life with them. That means:
- Ministering to the child every day – available 24/7
- Being in the home on a regular basis – often parenting the parent
- Meeting with school teachers a minimum of once a month
- Getting to know every social service provider in the family’s life
- Building an individual resource base of volunteers in the community per each family according to the family’s need
- Individuals to work with primary nurturers on career development
- Family Counselors
- Food Bank
- A long term commitment
CAN YOU DO THAT?
DOES YOUR CHURCH HAVE STAFF THAT CAN DO THAT?
This is why we need to send missionaries to America.