By Wanda Parker
“Our goal is not to raise good godly kids!
Our goal is to raise great and godly adults!”
If you want to see lasting results from your ministry to at-risk kids it is imperative that you think out into the future. What do kids need today to become great and godly adults 40 years from now?
There are two very distinct type of ministries/programs. Which one do you think will produce the best results?
The largest majority of ministries run deficit or drop in centers.
Emphasis on kid’s deficit
Provide one or two activities to meet a kid’s deficit
Concentrate only on the kids
Fragmented involvement with kid
No set length of time to work with kid
Kids only receive
Short-term success BUT no lasting positive impact
Youth Development Center
- Emphasis on kid’s potential
- Whole-istic – work with whole kid
- Kids register-attendance required
- Work with family/school/social service providers
- Small number of kids (1 adult per 5 kids)
Written plans for each kid
- Long term commitment
- Kids eventually led to give
- End result oriented
- Fully prepared for adulthood
Click here To read more about what at-risk kids need to grow into great godly adults.
Click here to read about KidTrek Training