IN THE TRINITY GOD THE FATHER IS THE PLANNER.
“For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.”
(Ephesians 2:10 ESV)
God the Father planned the role each of us would play in His Kingdom before we were created. The Father has a plan for each individual kid in your ministry.
You are a few weeks into the school year so you should be getting to know the kids – take a moment and think of each kid who is coming to your ministry.
What is the Father’s plan for that child?
Are you ready to walk with him through this coming year and help him discover how he fits into the Body of Christ?
Children of poverty miss out on having adults who dream with them into the future. Parents are so overwhelmed just trying to survive from one day to the next how can they ever take the time and/or energy to think out into the future of their kids’ lives?
Are you willing to provide that time and energy? Will you begin today to take a look at each child from the perspective of The Father and ask Him what His plan is for that child?
- What the child’s dreams are.
- What does he like to do in his spare time?
- Does he love sports or would he rather be reading?
- Did God create him with unique personality traits that when honed can be used to God’s glory.
- Are you willing to walk with this child to help him develop his uniqueness for positive ends?
- Is he, today, living up to his potential?
- Is he even aware of his potential?
The list can go on and on.
Don’t settle this year for a lot of activity – make sure that you are being intentional with each child. If you love Almighty God and you ask He will give you the time and energy it will take.
Do not be a stumbling block because you settle for mediocre ministry Matthew 18:1-14.