One tube of white toothpaste per kid; piece of cardboard per kid; powdered tempera paint; tongue compressors or craft sticks; paper plates for mixing paint and toothpaste; one
plastic spoon per color of tempera; paper towels; yarn
- Make a sample you can show the kids.
- Prepare your heart for a mess.
- Show the kids the sample you made.
- Give each kid a paper plate/
- Give each kid a tube of toothpaste.
- Let the kids choose the colored powdered paint they want to add.
- The powdered paint will make it very pasty.
- They can make several different colors on their plate.
- Let the kids paint anything they want on the cardboard.
- Expect a mess!
- When they are finished, glue yarn around the edges of the cardboard to form a frame.